Here is version 2.0 of the top half of my dress I’m working on. I only made the top for now because I knew the skirt portion would be easy.
I scrambled together four different types of fabric to make this although you can only see two in the photos – the pink and the white. My stitching on this is pretty atrocious as well but it’s just a muslin so no big deal.
Things I want to change:
- I like the shape of the neckline but I want to raise it up so it isn’t as wide and it can show off the top fold.
- I haven’t added the sleeve cuffs yet but I can tell I want to shorten the sleeves slightly and also I’ll need to open the sleeves up more at the side seam.
- And the pink fabric is some kind of linen blend and is way too thick for this application. I’ll make a note of that for when I make the final version.
- I want to lower the back yoke more (oops, forgot to take a picture of the back)
- In general I need to adjust the collar pieces.
It is always the details, isn’t it, that cause all the problems? I need to find more fabric to make muslin 3.0 because I have no more big enough chunks for the skirt and front pieces.
Other things I did today – I went to Shop Crafty, a craft show event here in Austin. I stopped by the Stitch Lab station and made a felt patch.
Here’s Justin helping me cut. He’s a good sport.
I’m going to try my best to do more work on muslin 3.0 tomorrow. I hope I can keep up my motivation!